You won't even notice the butter, eggs and white sugar are gone in this cookie recipe:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seed, ground, or 6 tablespoons of chia powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coconut nectar (we love this one)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup tahini (Karwan, of course)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Flakey sea salt, such as Maldon
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Mix together the oat flour, almond meal, coconut flour, rolled oats, ground chia, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a bigger bowl whisk to combine the coconut nectar, coconut oil, tahini, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold together until almost combined. Add the chocolate chips and fold them in. If the batter is too loose, add more coconut flour.
- Using a two-tablespoon ice cream scoop, scoop the dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt and bake for 14-16 minutes or until edges are just starting to brown.